You might want to bring some images as references or inspiration to your space when creating. Gravity Sketch allows you to bring in the reference images accessible in the main Menu (blue button on the non-drawing hand controller).
Import Reference Images
You can import reference images locally through your PC or via LandingPad.
Import Images using PC
Connect your VR headset to your PC and drop JPG/PNG image files into the following directory:
This PC\MTP USB Device\Internal shared storage\Gravity Sketch\Reference Images
Import Images using LandingPad
- Go to landingpad.me and login into your account
- Place JPG/PNG files into My Files
If you cannot find your files soon after importing them, press the Refresh button to reload.
Reference Images Panel
A. Import instructions: click to open instructions for importing reference images
B. Show folder on the computer screen (tethered headsets only): Press to open the folder on your computer screen
C. Refresh: Press to load newly added images
D. Hide: Toggle to hide all images from your scene
E. Navigation: Go to the next/previous page
Bring Reference Images into your sketch
To bring images to your sketch:
- While in a sketch, press the blue Menu button and go to Reference Images
- Locate your reference images
- Grab and drop the images into your scene
Images are anchored to your perspective by default. Grab the image and press the edit button (Blue) on your non-drawing hand to unanchor. Press again to anchor back.
Snap images to axes
You can snap any unanchored image to the sketch axes (x, y and z):
1. Make sure the image you want to snap is unanchored
2. Grab and move the image close to any of the axes and the image should automatically snap to it
Add Images to the Reference Images menu
You can add an image to your Reference Images by grabbing it from the sketch and dropping it into the Reference Images menu.
- Open Reference Images and select a folder you would like to export the image to
- Intersect the image you would like to export with the grab sphere and press the grab button
- Once you grab the image drop it into the blue box
- Name the image and select the blue check mark
- Access your exported images within Reference Images in VR or on landingpad.me
You can add one image at a time.