With this tool, you can quickly create 3D volume objects. It is great for creating more organic shapes or for filling in the sketch.
Access and Use
- Press the purple Tools menu button on the non-drawing hand.
- Navigate to the Volume tool and select it by pointing and pulling the front trigger on the drawing hand.
- Once selected pull and hold the front trigger on the drawing hand and move your hand in space to start creating a volume.
Volume Tool Panel
A. Mixed input mode: press and hold to create in space. To finish using the tool simply release the front trigger.
B. Point Mode: create by adding points in space. To finish creating in this mode press the front trigger on your non-drawing hand.
C. Profile and Size of the stroke: Point at the circle and hold to move it and change the profile and the size of the stroke.
D. Shape of the stroke: Choose between Round, Square, and Diamond Stroke.
E. Polar Symmetry: Create a polar array of volumes around the axis. Move the slider to choose the number of volumes around the axis (up to 12 stroke copies). Pull the non-drawing hand trigger to move the symmetry axis.
F. Low Poly: Visualise geometry with minimum polygons.
G. Planar mode: Allows to draw on a plane. Toggle on the Planar function (Planar input) and follow the steps below:
- Set the drawing plane: Pull the index trigger on the non-drawing hand controller and move the controller to orient the plane. To snap the plane vertically/horizontally half-pull the front drawing trigger (the same function works when snapping the plane to a reference image in the scene).
- Draw: Pull the front trigger to create. The cursor will always be constrained to the plane when using planar mode and the shape you create will be a flat volume.
- End drawing: Press the trigger on the non-drawing hand
- Extrude Volume: Grab and put the object into edit mode. Extrude the object by pulling the green arrow away from the drawing plane.
H. Auto Scale: Automatically scales the size of the volume brush as you scale your scene.